Current Match Status: The next match is scheduled for Sunday, September 21, 2014.
Polo matches are held on Sundays, from Memorial Day weekend through mid-October, weather and field conditions permitting. Matches are free. Matches begin at 1:00 p.m. each Sunday. A match may be cancelled depending on field conditions, rain, excessive heat or any number of reasons. Please visit this page on Sunday mornings to see updates and cancellations or call 434-823-7800.
Interested in learning to play polo? Please contact Lou Lopez at 434-409-2637 or email@example.com.
TIPS FOR ENJOYING THE WORLD'S MOST EXCITING SPORT
- SPEED LIMIT: 10 MPH. For the safety of children and other spectators, limit your speed to 10 mph and remain on designated road when entering and exiting (please do not cut across the grass).
- Upon arrival, park your car well behind the boards (50 feet or more). Vehicles are welcome to park “tailgate style” around the field. You may also park in the winery parking lot and watch the match from our patio. Please do not park your car on the grass around the winery.
- Bring chairs, blankets and shade; popup tents and umbrellas are welcome. Be sure to set up a safe distance from the field (at least 30 feet). For your convenience, portable restrooms are located behind the scoreboard.
- King Family Vineyards wine will be for sale field-side. Flag down the golf cart circling the field during the match to purchase wine, bottled water, and Roseland Polo hats. All major credit cards accepted.
- Due to ABC laws, NO ALCOHOL other than King Family wine is PERMITTED. Please respect this policy and allow time to visit the Tasting Room to taste and purchase a bottle of wine. Those who violate this policy put Sunday polo matches in jeopardy and will be asked to dump other alcohol.
- ALL dogs must be on a leash at all times. Watch the match at all times as the ball, and horses, come over the boards throughout play. During play, exercise extreme caution when crossing the goals at either end of the field.
- To learn more about polo in our area, please visit the Virginia Polo website.